Today has been a normal day. Maddy went to her "wear me out summer fun thing" and Landon ran around to Starbucks and Publix where I proudly can say I saw 3 whole people that I KNEW! Besides the Starbucks barista who asked if I wanted my usual. One of those 3 is moving away, of course! Everyone is moving away from here but me. It's a Seminole death trap. I guess they figure if you are forced to stay here long enough you will fold to the blue and orange. The fact of the matter is the more I stay here the more I hate the Stinkin' Gators! They make me hate them with little reminders everyday-okay thats for another blog. So I saw 3 people I knew. Tamara was from Maddys old play group and is moving to North Carolina. The other 2 women were having coffee together and they have kids who were in Maddys class last year. I walked over to Publix with Tamara just to talk a little more and went back to Starbucks where the other 2 mommys sat having adult conversation. Of course I would have loved to pull up a barstool and talk for hours but Landon man had other ideas-like napping. Which that idea is completely gone now because his afternoon nap was only 45 minutes-it's sad I know! Maddy got up from her nap to be met by Miss Amanda an FIU swimmer for her first swim lesson. That didn't go as planned. I am competitive, not just a little competitive A LOT competitive. So to see my child freak out during a coaching session or swim lessons breaks my heart slowly and painfully. I mean she was not bad bad and she did a few things but she would not float on her back with assistance or blow bubbles in the water. I am sure a lot(Matt just came home with an iced coffee for me-all is right in the world now) of it had to do with just getting up and thrown into swimming and she was hungry and during the first 10 minutes she ran inside because she had to go pee pee and it was cold in the water and there were rain drips and I could go on. I don't like excuses so I just hope it was a one time deal and she will be a perfect little swimmer next time . . . fingers and toes crossed everyone!
Grandma called and Maddy asked hat Grandma said about swim lessons. I told Maddy that Grandma was very disappointed that she would not float on her back or blow bubbles (Grandma never said this because Maddy is just perfect in Grandmas eyes). Maddy stated, "I want Grandma to be happy again!" SO I told Maddy that if she was a good swimmer next time Grandma would be so happy!
My coffee is gone, I dropped some on my white shirt and I guess I need to go do something motherly . . . I just keep remembering that in a few hours I will be at the gym for some alone time and torture. It's not a workout (to me) if it doesn't hurt!
Note to self: blog about "My body is eating my fat one day." Thats how I feel right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment