Thursday, July 24, 2008

Football Season?

Oh my Maddy . . . the title should say it all!  Today started out sweet.  It was water day at school so Maddy got to wear one of her cute bathing suits.  We all took Maddy to school and Matt, Landon and me went to where else-Starbucks.  I went over to Publix to get a salad for my lunch later.  I am addicted to this salad with fruit they have there!  Once home Landon immediately needed a nap.  So, we left to go get Madelynn a little later . . . HERE IT GOES . . . I walk into the class room and she is on the floor putting her shoes one.  The class was lined up going out the back door to the playground.  Miss Lucie was letting them head out one by one in a nice orderly fashion.  Maddy sees me and states, "NO mommy I don't want to go home yet I want to go out and play with my friends on the playground."  Somewhere during this rudeness she has gotten up and then she proceeds to sprint as fast as a 3-year old can spring out the back door.  Mind you she passes everyone in line and at the doorway she is so set on getting out that door she takes out one of her sweet little classmates like it's a football game!  The girl falls to the ground and Maddy does not even realize what she has done she just bee-lines it to the swings like these super force magnets my dad insists on buying over the internet that are just, "so cool" - DORK! they attract a piece of metal like 100 yards away.  So, before she realizes it I am also out the door grabbing her from the swing, placing her on the bench and have a "talk" with her.  I really wanted to spank her little butt and put her in her room but she goes to a church school so God was watching for sure!  I was patient and firm and did all of the mommy things I am supposed to do and she cried all the way to the car.  Once we got to the car I saw the Sawyers. (They have 2 kids ages 3 and 2 but wait a little over a week ago they decided to pop out twins!---ahhhh, they are truly super human and not to mention Sarah looked awesome today like she didn't pop out 2 babies a week or so ago!)  Sarah and Hank came over.  I was talking with them about what had happened and as Sarah and I continued to talk sweet hubby Hank (the freckle lover :)) saved the day and what was left of my sanity.  Hank went to her door opened it and got her out and gave her a big daddy hug the put her in her car seat and buckled her up.  She was back to being a sweet girl after that.  She just needed a hug I guess and at that point I was kinda out of hugs!  Needless to say we came home and she took a long nap!  We were talking about it at dinner and I guess we had overviewed it long enough because she then said, "Daddy would you just let me eat my food."  That was that and life moved on, that begs the question . . . Is she 3 or 16?  I bet we will hear that statement many times before she is out of the house . . . I left for the gym shortly after and now I am here with you typing.  Tomorrow I head to Tallahassee for the night with my soccer team.  I am hoping to see a few old friends in the short period of time I will be there.  Until next time . . .   

No comments: